This page is filled with my recommendations of tools, resources, and books that I use daily to run my businesses. I am personally using or have used everything on this list.
Whenever possible, I’ve included additional partner discounts and bonuses that’ll receive if you sign-up through my links.
My Favorite Five
These are my ‘can’t run my business without’ tools. I use all of them weekly if not daily.
I’ve tried numerous hosting companies over the last 10 years. SiteGround is my favorite by far. Yes, they are a bit more expensive than the other two but their customer service and ease of use are well worth the price. Check out our how to start a blog guide for step by step instructions on getting started with them today!
This tool makes keyword research a breeze. I’ve been able to quickly rank multiple blog posts on the 1st page of Google with their suggestions.
Styled Stock Society
I absolutely love all the images provided by Elle. The majority of images on this blog are from Styled Stock Society. You’re able to access over 3,000 feminine and diverse photos and social media graphics for $25 a month.
This is the perfect email service provider if you’re just getting started with email marketing. They provide landing pages, pop-ups, basic automation, and are free for the 1st 1,000 subscribers.
When I got serious about running an online business I knew being organized was key. I use this service to manage all of our projects, manual pinning schedule, and multiple blog editorial calendars. This is hands down the best project management tool that I’ve ever used.
When starting a blog or website there are so many resources available that making a choice can become overwhelming. Here are some of my favorite resources that I use to run my business. Want to start your own blog? Check out my step-by-step tutorial to get your blog started today!
Domain & Hosting
- NameCheap is hands down the best place to buy domain names. They are cheap (hence the name), include privacy protection, and are super simple to use.
- Bluehost is my number one recommendation for new bloggers or business owners. They are budget-friendly and very user friendly.
- SiteGround: I’ve tried numerous hosting companies including Bluehost and A2 hosting. Siteground is my favorite by far. Yes, they are a bit more expensive than the other two but their customer service and ease of use are well worth the price.
Theme & Design Elemeents
- Bluchic: They have feminine WordPress themes that are tech-free. I used their Isabella theme for my first year blogging
- Restored 316 has beautiful feminine WordPress themes for bloggers and service providers. I’m currently using their Anchored theme.
- Creative Market: My favorite place to buy graphics, social media templates, and fonts.
- CanvaPro: I use Canva to easily create all my blog and social media graphics.
- Mailerlite: This is my recommendation for those who are starting their email list. They are free for the first 1,000 subscribers and have plans as lows as $10 a month.
- Convertkit: If you’re looking for a more robust email provider then Convertkit is a perfect choice. I use Convertkit for some of my blogs due to their advanced automation capabilities.
- Tailwind is the tool I use to automate my Pinterest accounts. Within two weeks of using them, I was able to increase my Pinterest traffic by 2,627%!
- Grammarly is the perfect tool to catch your grammar and spelling mistakes while typing.
- Keysearch: This is what I use for all of my keyword research. I’ve been able to rank on the 1st page of Google with their suggestions.
Shopping & Discounts
Everyone loves a discount, right? If you’re doing any online shopping I recommend signing up for these programs. You can earn cash back, free gift cards, and more on your next online purchases.
Swagbucks lets you earn points called SB for the things already do online like watching videos, taking surveys, or searching the web. You can redeem those points for cash and gift cards. Get $5 for signing up with Swagbucks today!
Rakuten, formerly Ebates, lets you earn cashback and discounts for your regular online purchases. Just click on your favorite online shop through Rakuten and then shop as usual. Rakuten earns a commission for referring to that store then shares some of that money with you. Grab $10 cash back when you sign-up for Rakuten today.
Personal Development Books
To be successful in any area of your life you need to have the right mindset. These books have helped me overcome my limiting beliefs, trust in the Universe, and transform my mindset into one of abundance.
- You Are a Badass by Jen Sincero
- You Are a Badass at Making Money by Jen Sincero
- Get Rich, Lucky Bitch: Release Your Money Blocks and Live a First-Class Life By Denise Duffield-Thomas
- The Universe Has Your Back: Transform Fear to Faith by Gabrielle Bernstein
- Judgment Detox: Release the Beliefs That Hold You Back from Living a Better Life by Gabrielle Bernstein
- Secrets of the Millionaire Mind: Mastering the Inner Game of Wealth by T. Harv Eke
- Unleash Your Inner Money Babe: Uplevel Your Money Mindset and Manifest $1,000 in 21 Days by Kathrine Zenkina