bareMinerals is probably most recognized for their mineral makeup. But in 2010, they were acquired by Shiseido, a Japanese beauty company, that tests on animals.
Is bareMinerals cruelty-free or do they test on animals?
Keep reading to learn more.
*This post may contain affiliate links. You can read our dry and boring disclaimer for more info.
bareMinerals Animal Testing Policy
bareMinerals animal testing policy can be found in the FAQ section of their website. Here is what is says.
“Please feel at ease when using bareMinerals products as we do not test on animals. We also do not work with any manufacturers that do animal testing.
bareMinerals natural haired brushes are made of Goat and Pony. Please note that no animals are harmed in the process of making our brushes. For our customers who chose not to use animal haired brushes we do offer a variety of high-end synthetic brushes.”
I reached out to bareMinerals to get clarification on their statement. I asked them the following questions.
- Do you test on animals at any point during the production of your products?
- Are your ingredients tested on animals by your suppliers?
- Does any third-party test on animals on your behalf?
- Do you test on animals when required by law?
They answered no to all four questions.
Does bareMinerals Test on Animals?
No, bareMinerals does test on animals. Their animal policy statement gave some answers but not all. However, they were able to clarify everything by answering my questions about their testing policy.
Is bareMinerals Certified Cruelty-Free?
Yes, bareMinerals certified cruelty-free by PETA.
Is bareMinerals Sold in China?
No, bareMinerals is not sold in China.
Is bareMinerals Owned by a Parent Company?
Yes, bareMinerals is owned by Shiseido, a company that tests on animals.
IS BAREMINERALS PARABEN-FREE?
Not only is BareMinerals cruelty-free but they are also free from parabens and the following potentially harmful ingredients:
- Chemical sunscreen
- Propylene glycol
- Mineral oil
- Coal tar
Is bareMinerals Vegan?
BareMinerals is not a 100% vegan makeup brand but they do carry a decent amount of vegan products.
BareMinerals Vegan Product List
BAREMINERALS VEGAN FOUNDATION
- Barepro Performance Wear Liquid Foundation SPF 20
- Barepro Performance Wear Pressed Powder Foundation
- Blemish Rescue Skin-Clearing Loose Powder Foundation
- Matte Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15
- Original Foundation Board Spectrum SPF 15
BAREMINERALS VEGAN PRIMER & HIGHLIGHTER
- Blemish Rescue Anti-Redness Mattifying Primer
- Combo Control Milky Face Primer
- Good Hydrations Silky Face Primer
- Prime Time BB Primer-Cream Daily Defense SPF 30
- Prime Time Brightening Foundation Primer
- Prime Time Foundation Primer
- Barepro Glow Highlighter
- Invisible Glow Powder Highlighter
BAREMINERALS VEGAN CONCEALER & FINISHING POWDER
- Barepro 16-hr Full Coverage Concealer
- Bareminerals Blemish Rescue Skin-Clearing Spot Concealer
- Bareskin Complete Coverage Serum Concealer
- Correcting Concealer Broad Spectrum SPF 20
- Loose Powder Concealer SPF 20
- Mineral Veil Finishing Powder
Wrap Up: Is bareMinerals Cruelty-Free and Vegan?
Yes, BareMinerals is a cruelty-free makeup brand that also carries some vegan products. They have confirmed that they:
- Do not test any of their products or ingredients on animals
- Don’t allow others to conduct animal testing on their behalf
- Do not sell in China where animal testing is required
Now I’d like to hear from you. What are your thoughts about bareMinerals? Please leave your comments below!
📌 PIN IT FOR LATER 📌