Hourglass Cosmetics is a luxury makeup line that can be found in high-end department stores around the world. But is Hourglass a cruelty-free? Do they sell their products in China or test on animals? These are the questions that will be answered in this post.
*This post probably contains affiliate links. You can read our very dry and boring disclaimer for more info.
Does Hourglass Cosmetics Test on Animals?
To find out if Hourglass tests on animals I looked in the frequently asked questions part of their website. Below is an excerpt from that section:
“We are a PETA certified, conscientious brand that is proud to offer cruelty-free products. Hourglass Cosmetics does not test on animals during product development or production. In addition, we do not provide authorization to any third parties to perform animal testing on our products.”
Is Hourglass Cosmetics Cruelty-Free?
So is Hourglass cruelty-free? Yes, they are a cruelty-free makeup brand and have been added to the list of cruelty-free brands. However, it’s important to note that in 2017 Hourglass was acquired by Unilever, a company that tests on animals.
Many people in the cruelty-free community refuse to use brands owned by a non-cruelty-free parent company. However, I personally use and support all brands that are cruelty-free regardless of their parent companies testing policies. Ultimately that choice is up to you.
Hourglass Cosmetics Vegan Makeup
If you’re looking for some vegan options then you’re in luck! Hourglass has an extensive offering of cruelty-free and vegan makeup. To make navigation easier I’ve divided the vegan options into sections.
Primer & Foundation
- Ambient Light Correcting Primer
- Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation
- No 28 Primer Serum
- Vanish Flash Highlighting Stick-Bronze FLash
- Vanish Flash Highlighting Stick- Champagne Flash
- Vanish Flash Highlighting Stick- Pink Flash
- Vanish Flash Highlighting Stick- Rose GOld Flash
- Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick
- Vanish Seamless Finish Liquid Foundation
- Veil Fluid Makeup
- Veil Mineral Primer
- Veil Retouching Fluid
- Veil Translucent Setting Powder
Hourglass Cruelty-Free and Vegan Eye & Lip Makeup
- 1.5MM Mechanical Gel Eye Liner
- Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil
- Arch Brow Shaping Gel
- Arch Brow Volumizing Fiber Gel
- Caution Extreme Lash Mascara
- Confession Lipstick Collection
- Confession Refillable Lipstick Duo
- Confession Refillable Lipstick Set
- Confession Ultra Slim High-Intensity Lipstick Refill
- Confession Ultra Slim High-Intensity Refillable Lipstick
- Extreme Sheen High Shine Lip Gloss- Imagine, Reflect, Primal, Truth, Verse, Lush, Ballet, Origami, Siren, Ignite, Nectar, Child
- Graphik Eyeshadow Palette- Expose
- No 28 Lip Treatment Oil
- Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick
- Scattered Light Glitter Eyeshadow- Foil
- Voyeur Waterproof Liquid Liner
Hourglass Vegan Ambient Lighting
- Ambient Lighting Blush -Diffused Heat, Luminous Flush
- Ambient Lighting Bronzer- Diffused, Luminous, and Nude Bronze Light
- Ambient Lighting Edit-Volume 4
- Ambient Lighting Finishing Powder- Diffused, Dim, Luminous, and Radiant Light
- Ambient Lighting Palette
- Ambient Strobe Lighting Blush- Incandescent Electra
- Ambient Strobe Lighting Powder- Brilliant, Euphoric, Incandescent
- Ambient Strobe Light Sculptor
- Custom Ambient Lighting Palette
Hourglass Cruelty-Free & Vegan Skincare
- Equilibrium Biomimetic Skin Active Serum
- Equilibrium Day Fluid
Hourglass Vegan Tools
- Ambient Lighting Edit Brush
- Ambient Powder Brush
- No 1 Powder Brush
- No 2 Foundation Brush
- No 3 All Over Shadow Brush
- No 4 Crease Brush
- No 5 Concealer Brush
- No 7 Finishing Brush
- No 8 Large Concealer Brush
- No 9 Domed Shadow Brush
- No 10 Angled Liner Brush
- No 11 Smudge Brush
- Retractable Double-Ended Complexion Brush
- Retractable Foundation Brush
- Retractable Kabuki Brush
- Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Brush
- Veil Powder Brush
Hourglass Vegan Fashion
- The Hourglass Sweatshirt
- Vegan Leather Makeup Clutch
Where Can You Buy Hourglass Cosmetics?
You can buy Hourglass Cosmetics online via their website, Cult Beauty, or Sephora. Sign-up for Ebates and/or Swagbucks to get cash back and discounts on your online Hourglass cruelty-free makeup purchases.
Have you tried Hourglass Cosmetics before? If so what is your favorite product? Please leave a comment below!